Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Legend badge drawn without the corresponding opacity
posted

Have a area type series with a red brush and 0.25 areaFillOpacity. when the legend is rendered the badge is drawn as solid red and looks very different to the data which is 1/4 opacity. can I fix this or is it something you can fix.

as per attached 

Another thing is that I'm using the area type graph to colour the background of certain parts of the graph using a column of data, however would like the area to have vertical lines on the change over from 0 to 1. however the graph comes up with slightly diagonal, I know this is the case cause the data has moved along one increment along to x-axis. Anyway of easily change the results to what I want?  

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello David,

In order to apply opacity to the legend badge, I suggest you modify its canvas element directly and change the fillStyle there.

Assuming that the target badge is the first item in the legend, you can get to the legend marker in the DOM, get the color information, and redraw the element like below.

-----------------------
       var ctx = $(".ui-chart-legend-item-badge > canvas")[0].getContext("2d");
       var badgeColor = ctx.getImageData(3, 3, 3, 3).data

ctx.fillStyle = "rgb(255,255,255)";  
       ctx.fillRect(0, 0, 17, 17);

ctx.fillStyle = "rgba("+badgeColor[0]+", "+badgeColor[1]+","+badgeColor[2]+", 0.25)";  
       ctx.fill();
    -----------------------

I have created a sample project for you.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Thank you,
    Mihoko Kamiishi

CASE-185692_.zip
Children