Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Filtering issue - Unable to get property 'push' of undefined or null reference
posted

Hi,

I am using igHierarchical grid using Load on Demand and row level editing.

I am using Simple Filtering feature which works fine the first time the grid is loaded. However if I make a change to the row and click on done I am not able to use this feature and it throws the following error:

Unhandled exception at line 23, column 15086 in localhost:31607/.../infragistics.ui.editors.js

0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'push' of undefined or null reference

On clicking on done , when saveChanges is called I need to call

grid.igHierarchicalGrid("dataBind"); and expand the grid using

var parentGrid = $("#igGrid").igHierarchicalGrid("rootWidget");

var domElement = parentGrid.rowById(rowID);

if (domElement != null) {

$("#igGrid").igHierarchicalGrid("expand", domElement, function () {

});

After this is called the grid is refreshed with the latest values from the DB and the grid is expanded, but when I click on the filter icon on any of the columns and click on any option e.g Starts with it throws the above Js error.

I do not need to refresh the grid from the DB but want to have filter functionality work as it is.

Can you please help me with this?

Regards

Singh

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Sukhpreet,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

I was not able to reproduce the issue you have so a little more information would be very helpful:

What is the version of the Ignite UI scripts you are referring to in your View and are you using combined files (Infragistics.core.js and Infragistics.lob.js) or igLoader?

To get the script version, in the browser’s DevTools console write the following: “$.ui.igHierarchicalGrid.version”.

Posting your grid initialization code and the full error stack trace here would be greatly appreciated.

I would need them in order to make a code sample, which would help me reproduce the issue, debug it, and be able to give you a more specific answer.

If you need any additional assistance, feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Vasil Pavlov

Associate Software Developer

Infragistics, Inc.

Reply Children