Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Iggrid Loading Indicator not displaying on grid when website is published
posted

Hi,

I have a webpage with an igGrid and a SaveButton below. When button is clicked, the loading indicator is displayed while the records in the grid are saved in database. I see the loading indiactor icon when running in my local Visual Studio. However, when i pu0blish to remote app server and open the webpage, I don't see the loading indicator. Can you please point me in the right direction as to what might be wrong.

I've downloaded the below js file and included it iin my project.

https://www.igniteui.com/js/grid-modal-loading-inicator.js

I've used it in the same way as in the below example.

https://www.igniteui.com/grid/basic-editing

Regards,
Guru
    Offline posted

Hello Guru,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

Sometimes the loading indicator goes away too quickly and it looks like it doesn’t show up at all. You could check if it is loading by setting a breakpoint at some place in the code where you use the show() method - that way you would see it on the screen before the browser hides it. You could set a breakpoint in grid-modal-loading-inicator.js on (or just after) this line:

grid.data("igGrid")._loadingIndicator.show(); 

In case the loading indicator doesn’t show even at a breakpoint, you might want to open the browser console and see if there is an error message and a stack-trace there.

One more thing – the .gif file for the indicator might not load correctly on the remote server if the resource paths aren’t correct. You could open the Network tab in your Developer Tools and check if the server responds with a “404 Not Found” for any of the files you are trying to load.

What I would suggest is that you try the aforementioned approaches one by one and see if some of them gives a clue about the cause of the issue.

If you need any additional assistance, feel free to contact me.