Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igGrid append row by copying existing row
posted

I want to add a Duplicate Row functionality to my igGrid. That means, I want to append a new row by copying an existing row. After appending this row, the requirement is to keep it uncommited. But when I click on this new row, I get "recordOrPropertyNotFoundException" error. What is the best way to do this? I have a button column. I use MVC wrapper for the grid. Row editing is enabled on the grid.

GridColumn DuplicateRow = new GridColumn();
            DuplicateRow.Key = "DuplicateRow";
            DuplicateRow.HeaderText = "";
            DuplicateRow.DataType = "string";
            DuplicateRow.Template = "<input type='button' title='Duplicate Row' onclick='duplicateRow(${TemplateID})' value='D' class=btn--primary' style='padding: 0.2rem'/>';

Please see my code below.

function duplicateRow(rowId) {
        var currentRow = $('#Grid1').data('igGrid').dataSource.findRecordByKey(rowId);
        var newRow = $.extend(true, {}, currentRow);
        newRow.TemplateID = generateID(25);
        $('#Grid1').igGridUpdating("addRow", newRow);
        $('#Grid1').igGridUpdating("startEdit", newRow.TemplateID, 1);
        $('#Grid1').igGridUpdating("endEdit", true);
    }

function generateID(length) {
        let text = ""
        const possible = "0123456789"
        for (let i = 0; i < length; i++) {
            text += possible.charAt(Math.floor(Math.random() * possible.length))
        }
        return text
    }

And I don't see Done / Cancel buttons after programmatically start editing on this new row. Please help me to find a solution to this issue.