Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ig Gird lost focus/navigation when use group by
posted

I am using Group By feature in my igGrid. while input data, gird cell lost focus at the end of Group By section.

I want to jump my cell focus on to the next group by section.

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Khuram Latif,

Thank you for posting a question to Infragistics Forum.

I'm afraid I'm not sure whether or not I understand your issue correctly.

I've investigated your issue and have been unable to reproduce your issue.
    I've created a sample html which has an igGrid which is grouped by one of the columns and has Updating feature enabled. I open the sample with a browser, click the last cell of the first group and hit an [Enter] key or a [Tab] key to see whether or not the cell in the next group expectedly enters edit mode.
    I've tested these steps with IE11, Chrome and Firefox and I see that the cell in the next group enters edit mode expectedly.

I have attached the sample html file I used to test this. Please test this sample on your PC. Whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem.

If the sample does not work correctly, then the change in behavior is due to differences in your environment from mine and these differences can be anything from operating system version to the specific version of the Infragistics script versions used. My test was performed using version 2018.1.20181.152 in IgniteUI for Javascript 2018 Vol. 1. Please provide more details about your machine and version of the scripts that you are using so that I can modify the environment that I am testing in to match yours.

If the sample does show the product feature working correctly, then more information will be needed to reproduce the issue in a sample that can be used for debugging. It will help if you can provide a small, simple and isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing. This can be done by either making the sample that I provided more like your application or by isolating the behavior from your application by removing dependencies on any third parties or databases.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

igGridGroupBy-Sample1.zip