Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Copy data from excel file to Infagistics grid
posted

Hi,

I got a licensed verison of Infragistics account recently. I am using Infragistics for a ASP.NET MVC application.

I have a requirement to do a bulk copy of data from excel to Infragistics grid and save the data to the backend database. I am unable to get a code sample to do this. 

Please help

Offline posted

Hello Lignesh,

Thank you for posting in our community.

Here we have a sample illustrating how to implement pasting from Excel into the igGrid control. Additionally, we have a topic which takes you step by step toward implementing pasting data from excel spreadsheet into igGrid. Both the sample and the topic are using JavaScript, however, the approach is the same when Infragistics MVC Helpers are sued.

In regards to saving data to an underlying data base we also provide a working example demonstrating how the igGrid Updating feature can communicate with the Grid MVC Helper wrapper to persist the changes on the server.

Please have a look at these resources and let me know if you need any further assistance with this matter.