Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igPopover in igGrid interaction with selection
posted

Hello,

I've been trying to use the igPopover inside an igGrid and got some starting points on this thread:

https://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/f/ignite-ui-for-javascript/119631/iggrid-row-menu-clipped-by-grid/530802#530802

The problem I am currently having seems to be an interaction between some of the popver properties and the grid selection event. If I try initializing the popover inside rowSelectionChanging, all seems fine, until I try and set one of showOn, maxHeight or maxWidth. Once these are set, the row selection seems to stop working (the first selected row remains selected). While Debugging, I see the rowSelectionChanging event being triggered, and the popover works, but the actual row selection does not update.

Although in the original example, the popover is initialized inside "rendered" this does not work in the original application (which I can't reproduce in the test app), and I would like to know if using rowSelectionChanging as the init point is possible, without affecting the actual interaction with the selection.

I've attached a sample app showing the above described behavior. Any help getting this to work would be much appreciated.

popOverInGridSelection.rar

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Alaxandru,

I would have also recommend the usage of rendered event. Not sure why you are having troubles with it in the original app. But rowSelectionChanging is triggered every time a row is selected and you are re-applying the options to those popovers every time a row is selected. In general you don't want to do this. 

The reason for the issue is that showOn option cannot be changed after initializing igPopover. So you could check if the popovers were initialized already and avoid setting the same options:

if (!$('.material-icons.popr').data('igPopover'))  {

}

But still rendered event is the correct approach in my opinion, because it would be triggered only once at the beginning, while rowSelectionChanging would be triggered every time a row is selected.

4456.popOverInGridSelection_mod.zip

Children