Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to add Custom summaries for autogenerated colums?
posted

I am using iggrid and my autoGenerateColumns: true, is true. There are no fixed no of columns generated every time.

I want to use custom summary to calculate sum of each rows of a dynamic column and show it at the bottom.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Manish,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

In order to be sure your question gets answered correctly, I would appreciate some additional information:

1. By “no fixed no of columns” I guess you mean that the number of columns varies and depends on some API that you get the data from, is that correct? What does the number of columns depend on?
    2. What do you mean by a “dynamic” column? An unbound column, or a column that gets calculated dynamically, or something else?
    3. Do you know in advance the columnKey or the index of this dynamic column? That might be important when using the Summaries feature, as it would need a key (or an index) so that it enables the summary for that specific column.
    4. Which version of Ignite UI do you use?

What you describe as a custom summary is a summary that shows the sum of all rows, which is supported out-of-the-box by the igGrid (if Summaries have been enabled) and could be setup by setting the column settings and the summary operand type to “sum” in the “Summary” options.

Providing me with those details would allow me to give you a more precise answer.

Reply Children