Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to access data in igDataChart
posted

We are using an API call to populate an igDataChart. So we set the chart properties something like the following when instantiating.

dataSourceType: "remoteUrl",
dataSource: "/someapi",

Later we may have to do this at the series level.

Regardless, we need to access the array object containing the data returned to the chart by the API. I can't find a property, method, or event that permits doing that.

How can this be accomplished?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Ray,

I believe you will find the following properties helpful for achieving your requirement:

• dataSource for particular series

var series = $(".selector").igDataChart("option", "series");
    series[0].dataSource;

Reference

• dataSource for the entire igDataChart

var dataSource = $(".selector").igDataChart("option", "dataSource");

Reference

If this isn’t what you are looking for, can you please provide me with some additional information regarding your requirement or a small, ready-to run sample that I can run and debug on my side? Please remove all code that is not directly related to the issue and all external dependencies. Having such a sample will give me the opportunity to investigate this matter faster and provide you with solution as soon as possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Martin Evtimov

Reply Children