Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Excel engine
posted

I have an ASP.NET Core 2.2 web app utilizing IgniteUI
The site also has an API which accepts an Excel Workbook (I'm using a 3rd party Excel reader to import the workbook/worksheet contents)

I would like to use the IG Excel engine to import the workbook contents

I've done the various IG Excel JavaScript examples, but I need the import to be done at the server (the API of course has no UI)

Is this possible?

I see Infragistics.Web.Mvc.Documents.Core, and Infragistics.Web.Mvc.Documents.Excel were installed to the GAC_MSIL with the IgniteUI installation, but I assume they're not meant for IgniteUI/.net Core 2.2

Thank you!

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Terry,

The Infragistics Excel library is available for many platforms - WPF, ASP.NET WebForms, MVC, Javascript, Angular, etc. This sample demonstrates how to load a workbook, modify it programatically and download it locally using the library for ASP.NET. Same can be achieved with the library for MVC. 

I suggest that you get started with it from Infragistics Excel Engine Gettting Started and also review the samples available.

Please let me know if you have further questions, I will be glad to help.

Children