I want to add "find and replace" functionality to my iggrid for searching value in grid cells, any build in functionality for that?
If not what would be best approach?
What I can suggest in order to find all appearances of a particular words or phrases in igGrid is using filterByText method of the igDataSource component, which was introduced in version 2017.1. It allows you to filter data source locally by text. By default it searches in all fields of the underlying data source, however, you have the ability to enter only particular fields to be used for the search.
A small sample illustrating how filterBytext is working is available here. From the “Switch Filtering Mode” drop down, select “Search By Text”. In this scenario, the search is spanned across the entire grid, according to the specific word or phrase entered in the search input.
In regards to the "replace" part of the requirement we currently do not support such functionality out of the box. In case that you would like to see it implemented in any of the future versions of our product my suggestion would be to create a new product idea at http://ideas.infragistics.com.
There are many benefits to submitting a product idea:
- Direct communication with our product management team regarding your product idea.
- Notifications whenever new information regarding your idea becomes available.
- Ability to vote on your favorite product ideas to let us know which ones are the most important to you. You will have ten votes for this and can change which ideas you are voting for at any time.
- Allow you to shape the future of our products by requesting new controls and products altogether.
- You and other developers can discuss existing product ideas with members of our Product Management team.
Steps to create your idea:
The Product Idea site puts you in the driver’s seat and allows you to track the progress of your ideas at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.
Please let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this matter.
thanks, maybe I will :)