Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Possible issue with igGrid column selection
posted

When using the grid, if a user sorts by a column, the column also becomes selected. This is ok. However, if the user then selects a row, the column remains selected.

Is this intended?

I'm using the example project code. Some settings are as follows:
MultipleSelection(true).Mode(SelectionMode.Row)
I also have sorting enabled.Thanks,
Tony

Parents
    posted

Hi Anthony,

Yes this is the expected behavior. The column style is not really "selected", it only visually marks the cells that belong to the sorted column. You can always turn this feature off, by setting applySortedColumnCss to "false", on the selection feature - either in the javascript, or in the MVC view code - depending on how you setup the grid. I suppose in your case you need to set ApplySortedColumnCss(false) since you seem to be using the MVC wrapper of the grid. By changing the class applied to the cells, you can actually manipulate the colors / styling, etc,  that are applied to cells - if that is a better match for what your scenario is. 

Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you,

Angel

Reply Children
No Data