Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igGridSelection, igGridFiltering not initializing with new version of jquery and jquery ui
posted

I am currently trying to upgrade my javascript libraries to the latest verion and I am getting an error which baffles me.

The application is MVC4 using our own custom model. It consists of a parent form which calls a fairly complex jquery dialog comprised of several partial views.

One of the partial views starts as empty so I populate its div with a div containing a string. I then call a back end search and after the post has completed I populate the filter using $('#GetSeriesDialogGrid').igGridFiltering("filter", searchDef.getFilterExp());. I get an error telling me the igGridFiltering has not been initialized.

I have a similar issue when, after the grid has populated in the iggridselectionrowselectionchanging event I capture the selected rows for an internal variable. I have fixed this by changing the code to use $("#GetSeriesDialogGrid").igGrid("selectedRows") but when I use the igGridSelection version I get an error that igGridSelection is not initialized.

All the events are set up in the ready code of the main dialog form. The script libraries are loaded in the parent form.

Everything is fine when the scripts are as follows

<script src="../../Scripts/jquery-1.7.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="../../Scripts/jquery-ui-1.8.11.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

but fail when changed to

<script src="../../Scripts/jquery-1.8.3.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="../../Scripts/jquery-ui-1.8.11.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>