Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Show/Hide columns of igGrid on igCombo Selection Changed
posted

Hi,

I need to show/hide some columns of my igGrid based on the selection of igCombo. I can only commit the rows when the user posts the form. I do my own manual commit & I am not using 'saveChanges' metod of igGrid because of various reasons. The problem I am facing is that the grid may have pending transactions in it and I dont want to lose them while hiding/showing the columns on dropdown selection changed event. When I hide a column through igGrid's hideColumn method the grid logs an error that commit the rows in the grid before doing this. But if I commit these rows, I wont get them in igTransactions later on when the form is posted. I dont want to lose the transactions & I also dont want to commit the rows before hiding/showing columns because the user might edit the existing transactions before submitting the form. Auto commit is set to false for a reason and I cannot set it to true because it will mess up some other things.

Is there a way to persist the transactions before hiding/showing columns of the grid without commiting them. Or if commiting is the only options, would I still get them in 'igTransactions' ?  If you could provide a short sample in which we can show/hide columns of a grid on any event WITH uncommitted data rows still in the grid, that would save me alot of time.  

Thanks for your time.