Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Export igGrid to excel
posted

Hello.

I'm using IgniteUI grid. Its datasource is a JSON object obtanied via AJAX. The grid is locally paged and filtered. I need to export the entire set of results (using filters applied but without mattering the paging).

I've seen Ingragistics Excel overview but it doesn't use the filter. Even if I could add filter parameters, I would have to get the data from the DB again, and I'd like to avoid that.

I've also seen Client Side Excel Library but I couldn't get it working. Also, I need to support IE9+, and that solution is not IE9 compatible. It could be make IE9 compatible posting the data to the server, and genereting the file to download from the server, however I also read that: "the client side excel export is still in CTP and therefore not recommended or supported to be used in production environment" in this post.

So, how can I do to export the grid? Maybe somehow serializing its information and posting it to the server?

Thanks,

Diego

Parents Reply Children
No Data