Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igDialog - Performance issues due to focus tracking
posted

v14.2

We have an igGrid in an igDialog.  We have checkboxes that select groups which populate the grid.  Each group contains anywhere from 4 - 100 items.  We are running into performance issues when there are a lot of items in the grid - say more than 50.  Paging is disabled because it confuses our users if a group overlaps to another page (the number of items).

I've done some internal debugging and I've isolated the issue to this method in the module:

_trackFocus()

If this method is called, it causes a timeout function to do some work every 200 milliseconds which is causing the screen to repaint VERY SLOWLY - indefinitely.  From my testing, removing this call doesn't impact any functionality that we need and it prevents the performance issue.

We are trying but it will take us some time to create a sample reproducing this in an isolated sample.  In the meantime, is there a work around to using igDialog without the overhead over focus tracking?  I've searched but I haven't found any similar issues.

(Thoughts?)

Parents Reply Children
No Data