Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Client side - Excel files is getting corrupted while adding new worksheet.
posted

Hi,

I am working on a POC and facing issues in getting few things done. I am trying to achieve below objectives:

1) We have to generate client side reports showing data in excel files.

2) These excel report files will be stored at web location and will have formulas, pivot tables, graph, etc.

3) At client side, we will pull data from various resources then fill the data dump in these excel reports.

While trying to achieve this, I am facing couple of issues:

1) How to pass web reference of excel file to "$.ig.excel.Workbook.load" function.

2) I was able to do a data dump on a local excel template. This excel template has two worksheets. First one has a pivot table and other one has data. When I am adding a new worksheet using the JavaScript excel framework, it is corrupting my file. I am getting the following error while opening newly generated file.

"Excel found unreadable content in *******.xlsx. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click yes".

I am not having this issue if excel template file does not have a pivot.

Please suggest.

Following is the error that excel shows while repairing excel file:

-error055360_01.xml

Errors were detected in file 'C:\Downloads\Formulas.xlsx'-Excel completed file level validation and repair. Some parts of this workbook may have been repaired or discarded.-Removed Part: /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable1.xml part with XML error. (PivotTable view) Load error. Line 1, column 0.-Removed Records: Workbook properties from /xl/workbook.xml part (Workbook)