Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
MVC Grid JsonReaderException
posted

We have an issue during development regarding the igGrid.

Whenever we are doing a post from a form and we want to take the user to the same page and reload again the grid the below error shows. 

Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: _. Path '', line 0, position 0.

the code is: @(Html.Infragistics().Grid(Model.Rolegrid))

from the backend is a normal basic creation of a grid with custom columns etc. 

This only happens on Post and never on get. 

If you need more information just ask and will provide. 

To provide a sample application will be difficult but if needed I will try to send a sample code

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

There is another forum thread that was started three weeks ago, where the same issue is discussed – you may read my reply there and try using the JSON validators that I suggested in my reply there.

The other user was getting the same error, but was only able to provide a part of his grid initialization configuration, which in that scenario is not enough to reproduce the problem. Hence I would really appreciate if you please provide an isolated MVC code sample where not only the grid, but the form creating the POST request is present as well. That would allow me reproduce this behavior on my side, debug and find what is causing the issue so I could give you a more detailed answer.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reply Children