Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Dropdown options appearing below the grid while editing a row with big height
posted

Hi. 

I have an igGrid with a igcombo field and multiple text fields. On entering a lot of text in the text field, the height of the row adjusts automatically. Now, if the row height becomes more than the grid height and if the row goes in edit mode, the dropdown options appear below the grid in a weird way. I have attached a screenshot for clarity. The attached screenshot is from the Infragistics site itself and the behavior is same. The dropdown seems to auto adjust but when clicked upon first to enter into edit mode, it behaves in a weird fashion. Is there a way that the grid scrolls down to the bottom and then the dropdown options align themselves to the bottom of the row or some alternate solution?

Regards,

Shahrukh

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Shahrukh,

What you describe it's an edge case, that's why we didn't account for it in our codebase. If you're ok not to have row expanding with the length of its content I suggest you to enable the igGrid "Tooltips" feature: https://www.igniteui.com/grid/tooltips in your grid. This feature will show tooltip for a lengthy cell content when the user hovers over the cell and will keep the row height intact as a result in edit mode the combo will not be tall and the drop-down will render right beneath to it.

Best regards,
    Martin Pavlov

Infragistics, Inc.

Reply Children