Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Dynamic retrieval of individual child data for hierarchical parent
posted

I would like to not only retrieve (and display) child data only when a parent row is clicked on a hierarchical grid.  We're using jQuery in our application.  We have a considerable amount of child data for each master in our hierarchy so we only want to retrieve when necessary from a parent.  I was thinking of using the "rowExpanding" event.  From there somehow get the "key" from the parent record, then using an ajax call, make a call to the server to retrieve json data and set the data source of that particular parent to the child data.  I've done things in the past with _dataSoure (something like that) but only in igGrid.  I thought I could get igGrid methods via the igHierarchical object.  I was looking for something like "getRecordById" where I can find out what parent was clicked.  the "load on demand" articles didn't show how I can do this fully in jquery.

I'm actively trying to get my new employer to purchase infragistics and today we have handlebars and constantly do a completely new search every time a user clicks a page.  I have about 5 years experience in your UI product but have been away for some time and haven't used the hierarchical grid much in the past.  I tell them how great your products are and all of this searching, retrieving, etc. can easily be done with your products.  I need to do a quick proof of concept to convince my boss to upgrade our license.  The company I work for has 2017.2 but no one uses it.  I want to show them this is worthwhile and possibly upgrade all together.  But I need to get this sample working.