Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Form's POST method instead of UpdateUrl called
posted

I am using ASP.Net MVC and IgniteUI. I have a form which contains form fields to be filled and this form will be posted through Form's POST method named "CreateJournal", I also have a grid which has an UpdateUrl named "SaveJournalDetail" which I have to call before Form submission so that the grid data is also saved on "SUBMIT" button.  There is only one submit button and the UpdateUrl as well as Form's POST method have to be triggered through this same button.

The issue:

Scenatio1:When I fill the whole form and there is no error(Validation or any other) the Form's POST method is called therefore the "igtranscations" from grid are lost because "SaveJournalDetail" is never called.

Scenario2:When I fill the form with some errors(Validation or any other) which means the form fails to POST, the UpdateUrl is called. In this scenario I am able to get the "igtransactions" in "SaveJournalDetail" method but "CreateJournal" (Form's POST method) is never called resulting in form data not being posted.

Why is this happening? Scenario2 ensures that my syntax for Updating is fine because it works when POST fails. A short sample could also help.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Imran,

Thank you for posting in our community.

In order to provide you more efficient help, I would like to clarify the following:

1) Did you place your grid within the form, which contains the other fields? Please note that this will ensure that on submit all form's data will be send to the server, including grid's changes.

2) Did you add "action" attribute to the form tag that specifies where to send the form-data when the form is submitted?

Looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Tsanna

Children