Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'contentType')
posted

Hello,

I'm trying to load files into this library via ExcelUtility.load(file), where `file` is an xlsx file.

The application crashes and the following error occurs:

CachedLoadPackagePart.ts:39 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'contentType')
    at CachedLoadPackagePart.get (CachedLoadPackagePart.ts:39:1)
    at Async_ForEachHelper$1.e (AlternateContentChoice_combined.ts:810:1)
    at Async_ForEachHelper$1.b (Async_combined.ts:239:1)
    at ret (type.ts:1645:1)
    at Function.Async.h (Async_combined.ts:50:1)
    at Async_ForEachHelper$1.a (Async_combined.ts:202:1)
    at Function.Async.d (Async_combined.ts:32:1)
    at AlternateContentChoice_combined.ts:796:1
    at ObjectModelExcelDocumentManager.OfficeDocumentManager._q (AlternateContentChoice_combined.ts:790:1)
    at ObjectModelExcelDocumentManager.OfficeDocumentManager._p (AlternateContentChoice_combined.ts:759:1)
    at Async_ForEachHelper$1.e (AlternateContentChoice_combined.ts:816:1)
    at Async_ForEachHelper$1.b (Async_combined.ts:239:1)
    at ret (type.ts:1645:1)
    at Async_ForEachHelper$1.a (Async_combined.ts:202:1)
    at Function.Async.d (Async_combined.ts:32:1)
    at AlternateContentChoice_combined.ts:796:1
    at ObjectModelExcelDocumentManager.OfficeDocumentManager._q (AlternateContentChoice_combined.ts:790:1)
    at ObjectModelExcelDocumentManager.OfficeDocumentManager._o (AlternateContentChoice_combined.ts:574:1)
    at ObjectModelExcelDocumentManager._o (WorkbookLoadManagerExcel2007_combined.js:922:1)
    at WorkItem_WorkItemAsync.ae (AlternateContentChoice_combined.ts:530:1)
    at WorkItem_WorkItemAsync.p (WorkItem_combined.ts:250:1)
    at WorkItem_WorkItemAsync.WorkItem.w (WorkItem_combined.ts:64:1)
    at WorkItemScheduler_TimeSlicedImpl.d (WorkItem_combined.ts:355:1)
    at WorkItem_combined.ts:359:1

File examples:

file1: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mxH2il1fg4JYRS1HChVD50M_i6B0Cuic/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=114306164329761920916&rtpof=true&sd=true

file2: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UheBWCzp-po1SBvjh6PCNRu8HMiJEkmR/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=114306164329761920916&rtpof=true&sd=true

Offline posted

Hello Igor,

I have been investigating into the behavior you are seeing, and I have reproduced it. I believe this could be related to the spreadsheet being created in Google Docs. I am basing this impression on the fact that I have recreated the second Excel workbook in Microsoft Excel, and it loads correctly.

This behavior is unexpected, and as such I have asked our engineering teams to examine it further. To ensure it receives attention, I have logged it in our internal tracking systems with a development ID of 273834. I have also created you a private support case that I will be linking to this issue so you can be notified when a fix or other resolution becomes available. It has an ID of C-00222538, and you can access it after signing into your account on the Infragistics website, here: https://account.infragistics.com/support-cases. You can continue to send updates to this thread or the private support case at any time.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.