Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Drop Down Default Option
posted

I'm having trouble getting the default option for a drop down item to work when running a prototype. In design mode, the drop down is collapsed, and I've set a hint for the drop down. But when I run the prototype it is automatically selecting the first option.

The interaction I'm attempting to mockup is a series of drop down menus, so I've set the state to change when the user makes a selection. I want to leave the drop down blank until a user picks an option.

I believe I've used this same approach in earlier versions of Indigo and it worked, has anyone else seen this since updating recently?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi, there.

The dropdown remembers the value you had last selected before you collapsed the dropdown. If you want to show the dropdown as blank, make sure there is no hint text and collapse the drop down on the design surface. Let us know whether we understood your question correctly.

Reply Children
No Data