Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Navigate to post-animation sequence?
posted

So I have a transition between 2 screens here.

When the user long presses anywhere on the map, that triggers a menu to animate into view from the left edge of the map, resulting in the screen shown on the right.

Well the problem I'm running into is, other places in this application prototype, I need to navigate to the screen shown at right, where the menu is already out, however, when I navigate to that screen, it re-runs the animation of the menu sliding into view again.  That needs to NOT happen.  So either the animations need to not fire after the initial firing, or I need to somehow transition to the second screen at the point AFTER the animations have occurred.

Do you have any ideas about the best way to approach that?

Thanks

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi David!

Yes, it's not possible now to configure the transition to choose whether to execute the animation or not, though it's something we have been considering exposing for a while now.

To workaround this limitation, you can transition to a new state after the animation has been completed, and then you can navigate to this new state instead of the one where the animation was defined.

To do so, on the state where you have the animation create a transition at the end of timeline, as shown below. To do so, click on the '+' button at the end of the timeline, and then select 'Change/Navigate at End', then select 'Change This Screen', and then 'To New State'.

That will create a new state immediately after this one, which will look exactly as your previous state. You can then select this new state as the target of your navigations. You can then give it a name if you like, like 'No animations', so you know that the state is just a fake used for this workaround, and not some actual user interaction.

Let me know if this helps as a workaround for your case!

Best regards,

Santiago.

Indigo Studio Team.

Reply Children
No Data