Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XAMGRID - UI performance issue
posted

Hi,

I am looking for some guidance on debugging the UI performance issue of the XAMGRID.

I have a grid which when populated with say 3000+ records, the UI performance of the Grid degrades. i.e. if I try to navigate through the cells using the UP/DOWN/RIGHT/LEFT key, there is a delay/lag when moving between the cells. Similarly, if I try to resize the grid columns, there is again a delay.

Note that if the number of rows in the grid are less then such issues are not seen.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thank you,

Sam

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Samson,

I’ve been researching your question about performance issue with the xamGrid having 3000+ records but I can’t reproduce the described behavior. Navigating with keys doesn’t seem to be delayed as well as column resizing.

Can you give more information about your application – which xamGrid features are enabled, in what container is placed the control?

I have attached the sample project I used to test this.  Please test this project on your PC; whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem.

If the project does not work correctly, this indicates either a problem possibly specific to your environment, or a difference in the DLL versions we are using.  My test was performed using version Silverlight.Nightly_16.1.20161.1000.

If the project does show the product feature working correctly, this indicates a possible problem in the code of your application.  It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing.

Or, if this sample project is not an accurate demonstration of what you're trying to do, please feel free to modify it and send it back, or send a small sample project of your own if you have one.

Let me know if you have any questions.

xamGridPerformanceTest.zip
Children
No Data