An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below
[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +7476535
System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +119
System.Convert.ToInt32(String value) +63
Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebListbar.UltraWebListbar.PreRenderLBar(Object sender, EventArgs e) +20
System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +8766646
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842
Hello Allan Albetski,
Thank you for posting in our forums!
Did you upgrade your project to use the Infragistics v6.2 assemblies? To me, it sounds like the v6.2 assemblies were copied into your project's bin folder or GAC and are still there after uninstalling (which is expected).
The project is likely still referencing the v6.2 assemblies, you just need to find where they are and change the references back to v5.2. What version is your project currently referencing? You should make sure it is referencing the v5.2 DLLs.
If you need further assistance with this, please let me know.
It is referencing version 5.2 . This is the header from the aspx page
<%@ Register TagPrefix="iglbar" Namespace="Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebListbar" Assembly="Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebListbar.v5.3, Version=5.3.20053.50, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb" %>
The version 6.2 is not in the project's bin folder and after uninstalling 6.2 I do not have anything left in the GAC besides the dll in the Temporary ASP.NET Files.
I was actually able to get the controls loaded in the compatibility mode in IE, but when I remove the compatibility mode the error re appears. We have the same version working fine in our prod environment I am not sure why it would do that in the test environment.
In compatibility mode, IE is probably sending a user agent string that is reporting a version of version of IE that is less than 10 so the exception doesn't occur when in compatibility mode. If this doesn't happen in production and only in staging then for some reason based on browser settings your production site is probably also running under compatibility mode. I recommend reviewing your compatibility view settings to see what sites run in compatibility view and note that there is an option to run intranet sites in compatibility view..
Let me know if you have any questions with this matter.
So is Infragistics 5.3.20053.50 compatible in IE 11 ?
2005 Volume 3 was released in late 2005 and was supported in IE 6 as that was the current version of IE at the time. IE 11 was released in 2013 so the older version of our toolset was never tested or supported in the much newer version of IE.
IE 11 support was added our 2013 Volume 1 release. Note that the UltraWebListBar is among the controls that were retired after the 2011 Volume 1 release and if you want to use a version of our ASP.NET toolset that does support IE 11, you would need to switch the control used to the WebExplorerBar. There are more details on what controls were retired and their replacements in the classic control migration guide in the documentation.
Note that if you need support for modern browsers including Chrome, Safari, Edge, current versions of IE, and current versions of Firefox, it may be better to rewrite the application with with a modern web framework and our client side Ignite UI toolset.
I am currently in the process of migrating my application from .net 2.0 to .net 4.6.1. I am also upgrading my infragistics Dlls from version 7.3 to 16.1 but in doing so, I am facing a similar issue as mentioned above. After digging into the issue, I found out that it is not working in the higher version of IE due to the UltraWebListBar which I am referring in my project. As per the reply above, I understood that I might have to change the entire control and use WebExplorerBar instead.
Can someone please suggest whether changing the UltraWebListBar to WebExplorerBar control is a big change or both these controls have similar properties and methods and switching to WebExplorerBar will be smoother. I am asking this question as this is a Legacy application where we want to have minimal code changes if possible as it may effect other places.