Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebToolBar with MasterPage
posted

I am using the WebToolBar version 6.2.20062.34.  I have setup a simple ASP.NET 3.5 website that uses a master page and a content page.  I have placed a script manager in the master page and included a the webtoolbar inside an Ajax updatePanel in the content page.  Whenever I click a button in the webtoolbar on the content page, the page will post back.  I would have expected to not recieve a postback when the button is clicked because it is inside an Ajax updatePanel.

I noticed that if I do not use a master page and only use a single simple page that has the updatePanel, WebToolBar, and ScriptManager on the page, I will not see a postback.

Is there a reason why a postback occurs when using a master page?  Do I need to configure something differently?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

The version of the WebToolbar you're using came out before the UpdatePanel was released into production.  I believe later versions of that control should work in the scenario that you're describing.  Your best bet is to download the latest version and try it out in your project. 

Hope this helps,

-Tony

Children
No Data