Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Active X control SSActiveTreeView.SSTree
posted

I'm working on a legacy VB6 application and I have a Display Scaling issue with SSTree and Windows 7.  Oddly, the problem does not exist in Windows 10.  I know this is a Hail Mary but here goes...

If the number of items in the tree exceeds the size of the containing PictureBox, the scroll bar only displays if scaling is set to 100% on high DPI monitors.  Any other value and the scroll bar doesn't show.

I'm wondering if there is a way to do some calculations and force the scroll bar to show?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Chuck,

We do not support SSTree anymore, but I'll try and help if there's any way I can.

SSTree was built a long time ago and the devs most likely didn't have display scaling in mind. The control is probably calculating its size as though the scaling is set to 100% and erroneously concluding that no scrollbar is needed.

I am not sure about any specifics of how SSTree works, but the first thing that comes to mind for me is to see if there's a way to force the scrollbar to always show. This is a small drawback when it isn't needed, but it will avoid a usability problem when it should have been showing. If there is a setting for this on SSTree, I recommend checking to see if the scaling is anything other than 100% and turning the scrollbar to always-on in that case.

Children