I'm using ultrawebmenu in vertical mode.
When the page is too high, if you scroll down, subitems don't appear at the right place.
As you can see : in the top of the page subitems appear at the right place:
If in scroll a little, subitems don't appear at the right place:
I didn't find any post about that, and Infragistics samples have the same problem...Thx in advance for your answers,
I'm having the same issue as you are except that my page is not scrolled, but I have several absolutely positioned divs that seem to be screwing up the submenu positioning. You're also correct about the samples also exhibiting the same behavior. Here's what my page looks like:
I hope they fix it soon...
Don't feel alone - it also happens with horizontal menus.
I don't see any help in the immediate future.
I feel your pain, positioning problems in different browsers is a common problem which is hard to address.
I have good news though. Based on this forum thread and additional test-case scenarios, we have started investigating alternative positioning approaches with some excellent results so far. We will be doing our best to push this with higher priority in our bug-fix queue.
Maybe you can help us a bit. With the exception of the scrollbar positioning problem (menu groups are not positioned correctly when browser window horizontal/vertical scrollbars are moved) which is easy to reproduce, can you please tell us a little bit more informaiton about your setup, e.g. is the menu nested in absolute/relative positioned divs, are there frames/iframes involved, are there complex global CSS rules on the page, etc. We do have a lot of edge cases already setup, but any additional information will be very helpful to us as well (and this way we will make sure our fix addresses your specific scenarios as well).
Looking forward to your reply,
Several of my menus are also included inside user controls which result in them being rendered inside some of the absolutely positioned <div>s. Under this situation, the menus wouldn't even show up until I reparented them to the <form> object before attempting to show the popup menu. After reparenting the menus (along with their submenus), the top level shows up in the correct position, but any submenus show up aligned to the top of my page as you can see in my screenshot.
The sample above also uses an iframe for the content where the menu is showing. The main top tab (with the logo and right aligned tabs) is the main page and it manages the content of the iframe which takes up the rest of the window where the menu is being shown. The content window currently uses frames for the tree and viewer areas.
Thanks for the updates David, I will try to reporduce something similar to this setup locally, so we can test against it when migrating the positioning logic to our new approach.
I will also try to be active in this thread and let you know when we have some tangible results.
Btw, the system you have designed with tabs, treeview, grid and menu looks great.