Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Dynamically created WARP: no post back to occur
posted

Hi,

I have a webasyncrefreshpanel added to the asp.net ajax updatePanel in

a wss 3.0 webpart. I notice after I added this webasyncrefreshpanel control and added a 

WebImageButton added to  the webasyncrefreshpanel, no post back has occurred on the button click.

If I replace the webasyncrefreshpanel with a normal asp.net panel,

the button click post back asynchronously.

Please advise.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

The UpdatePanel and WARP can not be nested in each other, because they use not compatible script managers. They can work only side by side.
    The WARP on client exposes progress indicator object. So, if application needs to customize appearance or location of indicator, then it can use member functions of that object. The z-index of progress indicator is set to 10000. If that is not enough, then application may create custom indicator with desired z-index. Below is example.

<script type="text/javascript">
    function WARP1_InitializePanel(oPanel)
    {
     var pi = oPanel.getProgressIndicator();
     pi.setTemplate('<div style="background:yellow;width:100px;height:20px;border:1px solid blue;z-index:100000;">Please wait...</div>');
    }
    </script>
    <igmisc:WebAsyncRefreshPanel ID="WARP1" runat="server" InitializePanel="WARP1_InitializePanel">
     <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />
    </igmisc:WebAsyncRefreshPanel>

Children
No Data