Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Change data structure of UltraWebGrid during AJAX callback
posted

I have a grid on a page that can contain various data structures depending on the node selected in a tree control on the page.  I would like to change the underlying data structure of the grid without causing an asynchronous postback.

Is it possible to change the underlying data structure, update the column headers and update the rows of an UltraWebGrid during an AJAX callback?

Verified Answer
    posted

I wasn't sure that you could change the structure during an Ajax request, and likely this isn't what you'd want to do, but you can change the structure during the refresh of a WARP panel if you place the grid inside of it...

Verified Answer
    posted

zcount said:
    Is it possible to change the underlying data structure, update the column headers and update the rows of an UltraWebGrid during an AJAX callback?

It is not possible to alter the structure of WebGrid (most particularly including bands and columns) during an AJAX callback generated through its built-in AJAX capabilities.  Most of the grid's AJAX callbacks update a single row at a time, so a mass-update of the rows is typically also not possible.

dtnixon said:
    ... you can change the structure during the refresh of a WARP panel if you place the grid inside of it..

This is the best option available.  If you have the grid's AJAX disabled, you could use either a WARP or an UpdatePanel.