Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Checkbox Column always FALSE
posted

Version:  Infragistics2.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.v8.1

I am using the grid in a web part (currently just in an asp.net page)

Currently, I am doing the following:

1.  If the page is a post back (grid data modified) - I check the first colum data type, and if it is checkboxes, i remove the column.  The reason i do this is the number of rows and the row data may have changed, this ensures a new (empty) group of checkboxes that match the row when they are re added.

2.  Load and Bind data to grid.

3.  Re add checkbox column - myGrid.Columns.Insert(0, myCheckBoxes)

4.  On the page, I have a submit button with an event handler to check the values:

(tried many different ways)

string check = row.cells.FromKey(TheCheckBox).value.tostring();

bool check2 = (bool)row.cells.FromKey(TheCheckBox).value;

bool check3 = (bool).row.Cells[0].Value;

Now, these boxes are ALWAYS false, no matter if i check them in the grid or not.  With one exeption...in the PreRender method, I check some checkboxes in code:

myGrid.Rows[0].value = true;

myGrid.Rows[1].value = true;

When this page loads, as expected, the first two checkmarks are checked on the grid, and on submit are TRUE by using above methods.  The wired thing is, if I uncheck them, they are still true when they are submitted!  It seems that any user interaction is not picked up.