Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
spellchecker inside dataform causing error on dataform commit
posted

I have a dataform where one of the datafields is a control I call a note control.  Right now it just has the textbox, a button, and the spellchecker.  When i edit the note and hit save the dataform commits fine.  However, I get an issue when using the spell checker by doing the following:

1. Click my button to open the spell checker
  2. Click ok in the spell checker dialog window, or make changes, doesn't matter
  3. Hit save on the dataform

I get the following error:

"Attempt by method 'System.Windows.Controls.ValidationUtil.GetDependencyPropertiesForElement(System.Windows.FrameworkElement)' to access field 'am.a' failed."

Basically it's any time i open the spell check window this happens.  If i never click spell check the commit works fine.

Parents
    posted

Chris,

I attempted to recreate the error you described, and somehow I am not seeing it. There seems to be some issues with SpellChecker using with DataForm, but not exactly what you had described.

Can you submit your code or a maybe a sample? it seems like a simple scenario, but the exact setup is probably what I need to reproduce the error.

Thank you,

Sam

Reply Children
No Data