Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
copy WebChart legend object
posted

Hi,

I would like to display the actual legend of the webchart in a different on the screen (out of the webchart). Actually I would like to display the legend on a diffeent tabsheet also, so the webchart would not be visible. I would like to do this dynamically, so when the chart (and the legend) changes, the changes should be reflected in the second legend also.

Is it possible to manage this?

Many thanks and best regards,

Tamás

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

I don't believe we can support this scenario well with the current version of the chart. You could attempt to remove the legend visual from the chart and place it elsewhere (not certain if this will work), but you would still not have a good way of creating a second copy.

Your best choices are to make a feature request, or to create a simple legend control of your own design where you can create multiple that bind to the same data.

Its worth noting that in the xamDataChart, you can easily place the legend in a different screen area of the chart, but it still does not let you associate multiple legends with the same chart.

-Graham