Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to extend WebAsyncRefreshPanel's timeout
posted

I try put this code Javascript when the WebAsyncRefreshPanel Initialize to change the Timeout but isn't work, I can only change the Timeout from 20 sec to 30 sec but no more.

<script type="text/javascript">

function WebAsyncRefreshPanel1_InitializePanel(oPanel) {

ig_shared.getCBManager()._timeLimit = 60000;

}

</script>

I try put it this code directly but the result is the same. Can Anybody help me?

Thanks's in advance for your help.

posted

Hello mllovera,

Thank you for posting in the community.

I have tested your scenario with NetAdvantage 11.1 but I was not able to reproduce the behavior you have described and setting the _timeout fires the _timeOut function of the CBManager as expected. In order to be able to provide more insight I would need to know your exact product version. Please note that the WebAsyncRefreshPanel has been retired. A detailed list of the retired controls and their respective replacements is available at: http://blogs.infragistics.com/blogs/taz_abdeali/archive/2011/11/17/asp-net-product-changes-in-2011-volume-2.aspx.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

posted

Hello mllovera,

If you still need assistance on the matter please feel free to contact me.

posted

Hi mllovera,

I think that server has some logic which limits timeout to 30 seconds. The ig_callBackManager does not have specific limit for its _timeLimit member.

I suggest you to test a page which contains only following codes.
    After a button click and waiting for 50 seconds it should produce output (yellow top DIV) of "response:50004".

If it will work as expected, then you should investigate logic of your server for possible timeouts outside of WARP.

aspx:

<script type="text/javascript">
    var time = new Date().getTime();
    function Warp1_InitializePanel(oPanel){
     ig_shared.getCBManager()._timeLimit = 70000;
    }
    function Warp1_RefreshRequest(oPanel,oEvent,id){
     time = new Date().getTime();
    }
    function Warp1_RefreshResponse(oPanel,oEvent,id){
     _bug4('response:' + (new Date().getTime() - time));
    }
    </script>
    <igmisc:WebAsyncRefreshPanel ID="Warp1" runat="server" InitializePanel="Warp1_InitializePanel" RefreshRequest="Warp1_RefreshRequest" RefreshResponse="Warp1_RefreshResponse">
       <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />
    </igmisc:WebAsyncRefreshPanel>

aspx.cs

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
       if(this.IsPostBack)
          System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(50000);