Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to get VS2010 to reference new compiled Silverlight Assemblies?
posted

To help troubleshoot an elusive bug in my program, I thought having the NetAdvantage Silverlight source might help.

So, I downloaded the 11.2 SR source and symbols and unzipped to folders, for brevity, say "source" and "symbols".  I then created the new assemblies by executing BuildAssemblies.bat.  Then I opened the VS2010 project's Solution Explorer and removed all references to Infragistics assemblies.

Then I added each Infragistics assembly back to the Project using the "Add Reference" dialog box and the "Browse" tab and selecting each newly created assembly from "...\source\Output\CLR4x".

The problem is that after adding the assembly files through the "Add Reference / Browse" tab, in the VS2010 Project / References Properties, the Path to each file still shows "c:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\..." .  I had expected to see the Path to the actual file I added from "...\source\Output\CLR4x".  Also, when I run under the debugger, I still get popups such as this: (Note your message system won't let me insert the dialog snapshot, so the gist of the message is this) "The source file is different from when the module was built.  Would you like the debugger to use it anyway?"

How can I get VS2010 to properly reference newly compiled assemblies even though it previously referenced the same assemblies (at least in name) from a different location?

If anyone has a quick answer to this, I sure would love to hear it.  This seems like it should be such a simple thing, but I've tried just about everything I can think of.

Please help ASAP.

Joe

Parents Reply Children
No Data