Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
A single Report Viewer, but multiple reports
posted

Hey tehre infragistics team,

I am currently testing your new Reporting Solution...which is of to a great start...but still lacks in a lot of fields. Well, for now I want to do the following:

I use Visual Studio 2010 and created two reporting files (*.igr) within my project.

I formatted those reports and create a simple dialog with the UltraWinReportViewer Control.

I can now bind a report to the Report Viewer.... but what i basicly want is to bind more then one report to the viewer (ut only one at a time)

What I wish for is to call my dialog something like this:

Dim _dlg as new dlgReportViewer("order.igr")

Dim _param As New Infragistics.Win.UltraWinReportViewer.Parameter()

_param.ParameterName = "Order_ID"             

_param.ParameterValue = m_Order.ID

_dlg.ReportViewer..Parameters.Add(_param)

_dlg.ShowDialog()

and ....voila! I can bind a report by using my constuctor.... unfortunately it seems I need to create one Reporting Dialog for each report file....which would be seriously stupid....and knowing the intelligent people at Infragistics I just know there must be a better way to do this.

Let me ask you one more thing: Where do you wish to go with your Reporting Solution? It has a lot of great features allready but is missing pretty basic things too (Grid-Lines for better alignment, resizing the grid-cells for better aligning, vertical lines, rtf-support, more charts, ...)

I wish you best of luck with this product and hope for a quick reply.

ChaosC0der

Parents
    posted

Found a quick and dirty solution:

Let the ReportViewer Dialog accept a string which is the path to the report file.

Let the ReportViewer Dialog accept a ID of the Object that will be used as a DataSource.

In the Load of the ReportViewer Dialog do it like this:

Select Case m_file

Case "Crafting.igr"
                    Dim _param As New Infragistics.Win.UltraWinReportViewer.Parameter()
                    _param.ParameterName = "Crafting_ID"
                    _param.ParameterValue = m_id
                    urvDefault.Parameters.Add(_param)

Case "Order.igr"

End Select

urvDefault.RenderSettings.DefinitionUri = New Uri(m_file)
            urvDefault.PerformAutoScale()

Yeah yeah, I know, this is 100% dirty ...but I just wanted to test if it is possible like this....and it seems it is.
Reply Children