Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamMap overlay text
posted

I'm looking to overlay some items on my map. On the top right I want to display an icon that is bound (one of 15 options) and next to that some bound text. Below this, at the bottom right I would like to overlay some tabular data, say 2 columns, 8 rows.

What's the best approach for this? I'm happy to have a static example and look at making it dynamic myself.

Here is my current Map xaml.

<ig:XamMap Name="uxMap" IsAutoWorldRect="False" WindowZoomMinimum="25" WindowZoomMaximum="48" WindowAnimationMode="None" Width="1800" Height="700">

<ig:XamMap.MapTileSource>

<ig:OpenStreetMapTileSource />

</ig:XamMap.MapTileSource>

<ig:XamMap.Layers>

<ig:MapLayer x:Name="uxMappingPointLayer" Loaded="MapLayer_Loaded">

<ig:MapLayer.ValueTemplate>

<DataTemplate>

<Ellipse Height="1" Width="1" StrokeThickness="1" Stroke="{Binding Path=Stroke}" />

</DataTemplate>

</ig:MapLayer.ValueTemplate>

</ig:MapLayer>

</ig:XamMap.Layers>

<ig:MapNavigationPane Margin="0" ig:XamDock.Edge="InsideLeft">

<ig:MapNavigationPane.Template>

<ControlTemplate>

<StackPanel>

<TextBlock Style="{StaticResource InnerHeadingTextBlock}" Text="{Binding InnerHeading}"/>

<TextBlock Style="{StaticResource InnerSubHeadingTextBlock}" Text="{Binding InnerSubHeading}" />

</StackPanel>

</ControlTemplate>

</ig:MapNavigationPane.Template>

</ig:MapNavigationPane>

<ig:MapNavigationPane ig:XamDock.Edge="InsideLeft" />

</ig:XamMap>