Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to show context WebDataMenu on a web datagrid right-click
posted

Hi,

i'm using a datagrid and i want  to by clicking right click a context web data menu appear to edit the selected row in the datagrid and then when i choose an item from the context data menu i need an modal popup appear containing the informations to insert it to datagrid ! thanks in advance

Offline posted

Hello safa dkl,

What I can suggest for achieving your requirement is using the WebDataMenu as your context menu and display it ot the right click of the mouse. 

[code]

<ig:WebDataMenu runat="server" ID="ContextMenu" IsContextMenu="true" 
            BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1" BorderColor="#CCCCCC">
            <ClientEvents ItemClick="MenuItem_Click" />
            <Items>
                <ig:DataMenuItem Text="Select Current Row" Key="Select" ImageUrl="/SamplesBrowser/SamplesCommon/aspnet/WebDataGrid/EditingAndSelection/RowContextMenu/sendto.png" />
                <ig:DataMenuItem Text="Edit" Key="Edit" ImageUrl="/SamplesBrowser/SamplesCommon/aspnet/WebDataGrid/EditingAndSelection/RowContextMenu/edit.png" />
                <ig:DataMenuItem Text="<%$ Resources:WebDataMenu, ContextMenuDelete %>"
                    Key="Delete" ImageUrl="/SamplesBrowser/SamplesCommon/aspnet/WebDataGrid/EditingAndSelection/RowContextMenu/stop.png" />
            </Items>
        </ig:WebDataMenu>

[/code]

Regarding your second requirement what I reccommend is making a template with textboxes for the values of the grid cells and manually bind them with the corresponding fields of the grid.

[code]

<ClientBindings>
                                            <ig:RowEditingClientBinding ColumnKey="CompanyName" ControlID="control1" GetValueJavaScript="$get({ClientID}).value"
                                                SetValueJavaScript="$get({ClientID}).value={value}" />
                                            <ig:RowEditingClientBinding ColumnKey="Contact" ControlID="control2" GetValueJavaScript="$get({ClientID}).value"
                                            <ig:RowEditingClientBinding ColumnKey="Address" ControlID="control3" GetValueJavaScript="$get({ClientID}).value"
                                            <ig:RowEditingClientBinding ColumnKey="City" ControlID="control4" GetValueJavaScript="$get({ClientID}).value"
                                            <ig:RowEditingClientBinding ColumnKey="PostalCode" ControlID="control5" GetValueJavaScript="$get({ClientID}).value"
                                            <ig:RowEditingClientBinding ColumnKey="Country" ControlID="control6" GetValueJavaScript="$get({ClientID}).value"
                                        </ClientBindings>

[/code]

A sample project demonstrating your scenario could be found at:

https://www.infragistics.com/samples/aspnet/data-grid/row-context-menu

Feel free to contact me if you need any further support.