Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Upgrading WebCombo - DropDownLayout
posted

Hi,

I am upgrading an asp.net application which was using 2008 Volume 1 to use ASP.NET 14.1.

The application has quite a few WebCombo controls, and the DropDownLayout property has been customized at many places.

What is the equivalent attribute in the WebDropDown in 14.1?

Thanks,

Rohin

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Rohin ,  

Thank you for posting in our forum.  

There’s no exact property equivalent to the DropDownLayout   in the WebDropDown. 

As far as I remember that property was used to configure the UltraWebGrid instance that was created inside the WebCombo for displaying multiple columns.

Since the new WebDropDown control does not create grid inside itself to display the data if you want to display multiple columns you would need to use templates, for example and Item Template with a WebDataGrid inside similar to the example here:

https://www.infragistics.com/samples/aspnet/drop-down/templates

If you’re aiming to display multiple columns inside the WebDropDown I suggest that you use the approach with the WebDataGrid inside the Item Template from the above online sample.

You can apply your additional customizations to the WebDataGrid instance.

I hope this helps. If there’re any other aspects of the WebDropDown that you want to modify please let me know.

Best Regards,

Maya Kirova

Developer Support Engineer II

Infragistics, Inc.

www.infragistics.com/support