A lot of you have reported that sites which used to work in SharePlus v2.9.8 don't work in the latest releases (v3.0.15 and v3.2.17).
In most cases this is due to new options in SharePlus advanced configuration: User Agent and SSL Version.
In the previous versions of SharePlus, the default user agent would be "SharePlus". In the latest release we changed the default user agent to Mozilla, which has proven to work better. For new users of SharePlus this won't be an issue at all. For those who have updated to the new release this change will result in a conflict.
Those who had modified their server settings to work with the "SharePlus" user agent will have to go to Settings>Advanced Settings and change the user agent to "SharePlus".
When the user agent is not the issue, it could be the SSL Level SharePlus is using. Previous versions had, by default, SSL v3. The last update has it set to Negotiated. Some servers do not support this and will require SharePlus to use SSL v3 in order to authenticate.
To sum up. If your site used to work with SharePlus v2.9.8 but doesn't with v3.0.15 or v3.2.17 try setting the user agent to "SharePlus" and/or the SSL Level to SSL v3:
I hope this helps with migrating from v2.9.8 to v3.0.15 and v3.2.17.
The change of the default user and the SSL connection level, solved the connection(TMG) problems of our ipad's.
Now we get an error when opening a sharepoint site; "server message: the request timed out". We see the sitename beside the home button, but that's it.
This problem does not occur in SharePlus 2.9 that is installed on a ipad that is not upgraded.
This has not resolved the problem, we are still getting the same error for Shareplus on the iPhone 3GS.
Please follow the steps in this post and attach the logs you will find in Local Files so I can further assist you in troubleshooting your connectivity issues.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Hereby requested log files, I hope that you have a solution.
Thank you for the logs. I've found the reason for the timeout issue:
Look at Log_0001_231DCD27-C4E0-4822-B3E9-0F1379E5A334.log in the REQUEST section. The URL SharePlus uses is the one you've configured when setting up the site: https://sharepoint.prowonen.com/
At the bottom of the log in the RESPONSE you can see that your server returns the following alternate path: http://intranet.prowonen.local/
Take a look at Error_0002_03276D14-DA09-4E88-A773-3D1DE8DEADFB.log now, in the REQUEST section. The URL SharePlus uses is the one your server returned in the first request: http://intranet.prowonen.local/
If you look at the log's RESPONSE you'll that this is where the connection times out. The reason is that your server is re-directing SharePlus to that internal URL instead of the external URL.
The solution is quite simple, though it must be taken care of by the SharePoint administrator: You need to correct the AAM (Alternate Access Mapping) settings in your server so it doesn't return the internal URL when the request comes from the extranet zone.
I hope this works for you. Please let us know if it doesn't.