Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Offline Support: updating # of items on list level
posted

While online, I configured a document library in SharePlus for Offline support and after the first sync --> the green icon appeared on the folder (at the list level in the left-hand navigation) and all items in the folder are now visible when 'offline'.

I then add documents in the the sync'ed folder in SharePoint and return my iPad to 'online' status.  I then wait 30 seconds for the folder to sync and I see 'synchronizing' appear beneath the folder and the green icon spins.  When I look in the folder(s) in SharePlus for my new documents, I do see the documents BUT the '# items' in the left-hand navigation (under the folder name) does not update properly.  

So if I had "4 items" originally in the folder and I added 1 more item in SharePoint -- I see the new item in the folder after the sync but "4 items" still appears under the folder name instead of "5 items".

(If I  manually click the 'refresh' icon (in the bottom-left of the list) then the  '# items' updates properly.

Shouldn't the sync process properly update the '# items' so I'm sure the sync worked properly??

Please advise.  thank you.

-Steve

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi sfilipe,

Thank you for posting at IG forums!

What you describe is the designed behavior for the item counter. The only times it updates is when you manually "re-build" the list's structure/metadata. Bear in mind this indicator takes into account folders and items that  you don't have access to.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Best regards,

Reply Children