Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem with special characters in password
posted

Hi,

it took me some time to get behind this problem: if your password contains a dollar sign '$', you will ALWAYS get an authentication error. The reason is, that the password control automatically inserts a blank behind the $, which seems to be a standard behaviour on android (my os version is 4.1.1). The user doesn't get any hint that his password has been manipulated as it isn't visible for him.

The only way to get the right password into the application is typing it in a different text editor, remove the redundant space and copy/paste the string into the password edit box.

There might be other special characters generating this problem - I didn't investigate.

Maybe you could make any arrangements to get this input control not manipulating the string entered by the user?

Thanks

Stefan

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for posting at IG forums!

Could you provide us with a set of credentials that could be used to reproduce the issue?

I don't currently have one that contains a $ symbol in the password.

Should you be able to do so, please let me know so I can send you a private message.

Regards,

Children