Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is there a way to open a site's homepage in webpage view by default?
posted

Hello!

I was wondering if there is a way to open the home page view by default for a particular site. We are using SharePlus in order to get around the licensing costs of an external facing SharePoint site, but we need to use the webpage view in order to support our customized forms as well as audience targted menus for a few sites in particular. Is there a way to have SharePlus open the homepage in webpage view by default for these sites? My company currently has two volume licenses for SharePlus, so I am wondering if this would need to be developed as part of the Volume Purchase Agreement.

Thanks Again,
Dan

Offline posted

Hello Dan,

Thank you for posting at IG forums!

SharePlus PRO doesn't have a way to display a site's home page as the default landing page when you browse the site.

I looked through our records and can't seem to find any volume licensing contracts with us, as you mention.

What you're looking for, to have a web view of the site as the landing page, can be achieved with SharePlus Enterprise. Should you be interested in this, I'd gladly put you in contact with one of our Sales Executives.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Offline posted

Internet browsers are preloaded with a default homepage, often Google.com or ... Within the "General" screen, you will see a text box under the heading "Home Page". ... A homepage also is the name for the first or opening page of a website. ... redirect back to the homepage by clicking "home" on the website's menu bar.