Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Object Spy and Default Recorder couldn't recognize controls inside main window
posted

We use HPE Unified Functional Testing version 14.03 with plugin TestAutomation_WPF_HP_20172.

Our problem is that Object Spy and Default Recorder both couldn't recognize controls inside main window of our WPF desktop application. But they can recognize controls inside a modal dialog window of the application. So, basically, they can't recognnize anything inside the main window, but recognize everything in a dialog window that is modal to that main window.

When we start UFT we set WPF with 17.2 Test Automation checkbox in Add-in Manager.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Oleg,

I have been investigating into this issue, and I have a couple of questions for you on this matter. Would it be possible for you to please provide some information regarding the following?

1. What version of the Infragistics assemblies is the application under test targeting in this case? Since you are using Test Automation 2017.2, you will need to be targeting Infragistics for WPF 2017.2 assemblies.

2. What types of controls are you able to identify in the modal dialog window?

3. What types of controls are you trying to identify in the main window?

4. Does your testing environment meet the requirements listed on our supported environments page?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Children
No Data