Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Which version of test advantage for qtp9.5
posted

Which version of test advantage should I install for a QTP 9.5 version.

Also what version of .net add in should I install for the same.

When I tried to install the 6.2.20062.10 version of test advantage I am getting error message saying that "Some registry keys not found and reinstall QTP and .net add in.

Please help.

Thanks.

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

You should install the version of TestAdvantage that corresponds to the version of NetAdvantage WinForms that you are using. So if you are using NetAdvantage WinForms 2006 Volume 2 (6.2) you should use TestAdvatantage for WinForms Controls 2006 Volume 2 (6.2).

The problem I imagine that you are having is that prior to the TestAdvantage 7.3 release, we were not testing against QuickTest Professional 9.5. This was because prior to that release, QTP 9.5 did not exist. In our installer we check to see if you have the QuickTest Professional .NET add-in is installed, if it is not we halt installation.  The problem arises because between QTP 9.2 and QTP 9.5, they changed the registry key location that we used to confirm that the QTP .NET add-in is installed. So that for TestAdvantage versions prior to 7.3 the installer fails to properly identify if you have QTP installed.

To workaround this issue, you can manually add the keys that would be present for the 9.2 .NET Add-In so that the TestAdvantage installer will see this and will not fail on install. If you pursue this, then you will have to remove the entries in the registry once the installation is complete.

NOTE : This workaround will require you to have Administrative rights to your PC

You will first need to make a QTP92fake.reg file with the following information in it, then follow the below steps.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\CustComponent\.NET Add-in\CurrentVersion]
    "DotNET_Add_in"="C:\\Program Files\\Mercury Interactive\\QuickTest Professional"
    "Major"="9"
    "Minor"="2"

1. Run the QTP92fake.reg file, this will add the above registry entries to your registry.
    2. Run the TestAdvantage Installer
    3. Run RegEdit.exe
    4. Remove .NET Add-in from the following location in the registry:
      "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\CustComponent\"