Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Control Focus inside Webdatagrid
posted

I'm able to bind webdatagrid. I'm using Template Data Field and ASP .NET Textbox Control to bind data in the webdatagrid. When I press tab key it is focusing grid cell but the expected behavior is to focus the textbox control inside the webdatagrid. Please help me to find the solution.

Thanks in Advance!!  

Offline posted

Hello,

I noticed that there is an additional forum thread regarding a similar query. Please, keep in mind that according to our support policy we handle a single thread per issue. This helps us ensure that all issues are addressed and handled correctly.

I have modified the previously attached sample and added template fields with TextBox. In order to focus the correct item template within the cells, you should calculate the next/prev input (or other control) element which should take it.
    However, please keep in mind that overriding the default keyboard behavior is specific for each scenario and should be handled entirely on application level.

I have attached a sample application, that uses this approach.

Please test it on your side and let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Teodosia Hristodorova
    Associate Software Developer

6765.WDG_tab_behavior.zip