Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom Text in Group Row
posted

I am using a WebHierarchicalDataGrid to group data.  I have the columns and bands configured and they are displaying the data as they should.   

I would like to customize the text in the group row copied and pasted the following code to thee GroupedRowInitialized event.as follows:

If e.GroupedRow.ColumnGroupedBy.Key = "StopNum" Then

If e.GroupedRow.Value = DBNull.Value Then
'' Get number of items from default text
'Dim numItems As String = e.GroupedRow.Text.Substring(e.GroupedRow.Text.Length - 3, 3)
'e.GroupedRow.Text = "Reports to no one " & numItems
Else
Dim numItems As String = e.GroupedRow.Text.Substring(e.GroupedRow.Text.Length - 3, 3)
' Get value being grouped by
Dim value As Integer = CInt(e.GroupedRow.Value)
' Get the row with EmployeeID equal to the value being grouped by from the ReportsTo column.
' This returns the row for the employee that the rows that are being grouped reports to.
Dim record As GridRecord = Me.WebHierarchicalDataGrid1.Rows.FromKey(New Object() {value})
If record IsNot Nothing Then
' Get the name of the person to report to
Dim name As String = (record.Items(2).Value.ToString() & " ") + record.Items(2).Value.ToString()
e.GroupedRow.Text = ("Reports to " & name & " ") + numItems
End If
End If
End If

All of the records in the bands are grouped by 'StopNum'

The problem at this point that i am having is it does not appear that the GroupedRowInitialized is firing.     I am new to infragistics and and hoping that i can get some help with first figuring out why this is not firing and then configuring the custom text that i would like to appear.   If i can get the grid to work the way i want i am going to upgrade to the most recent version of the ultimate subscription.

any helper would be greatly appreciated.