Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebCalcManager Sum Not Recognized
posted

I am coding a Web app in vb.net 2005.  I have an ultraWebGrid and ultraWebCalcManager on a aspx page.  The grid displays several rows and columns of data correctly.  However, the calcManager does not seem to work.  When the program reaches the line with sum([Column Name]) I receive the error message that the name 'Sum' is not declared.  Here are portions of the code from the code behind:

Imports Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid
Imports Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebCalcManager

.    Private Sub dgPermMkdnDtl_InitializeLayout(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.LayoutEventArgs) Handles dgPermMkdnDtl.InitializeLayout

Dim calcManager As Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebCalcManager.UltraWebCalcManager
        calcManager = New Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebCalcManager.UltraWebCalcManager()
        e.Layout.Grid.CalcManager = calcManager

Dim colorsBand As New UltraGridBand
        Dim detailsBand As New UltraGridBand

dgPermMkdnDtl.Bands.Add(colorsBand)
        dgPermMkdnDtl.Bands.Add(detailsBand)

detailsBand.Columns.Add("MarkdownNo", "MarkdownNo")

detailsBand.Columns.FromKey("MarkdownNo").Footer.Total = SummaryInfo.Formula
        detailsBand.Columns.FromKey("MarkdownNo").Footer.Formula = "SUM([MarkdownNo])"

Do you have any examples to share or any suggestion?
Thanks.
Glenn

Offline posted
    Hello,

Hope this sample will help you out:
    http://samples.infragistics.com/2009.1/WebFeatureBrowser/contents.aspx?showCode=True&t=WebCalcManager/GridSummaries/GridSummaries.aspx~srcview.aspx?path=../webfeaturebrowservb/WebCalcManager/GridSummaries/GridSummaries.src~srcview.aspx?path=WebCalcManager/GridSummaries/GridSummaries.src