Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unbound column in a databound grid
posted

Hi,

I'm have a WebHierarchicalDataGrid bound to a HierchicalDatasource. The datasource contains two ObjectDataSources.

My main grid also has a button column, so the columns look like this:<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="Comment_Body" Key

="Comment_Body">

<Header Text="Comment_Body"

/>

</ig:BoundDataField

>

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="Comment_Category_Id" Key

="Comment_Category_Id">

<Header Text="Comment_Category_Id"

/>

</ig:BoundDataField

>

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="IsActiveString" Key="IsActiveString" Hidden

="true">

<ig:TemplateDataField Key

="btnColumn">

<ItemTemplate

>

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server" CommandArgument='<%# Eval("Comment_Id") %>' onclick="LinkButton1_Click">Add Reference</asp:LinkButton

>

</ItemTemplate

>

</ig:TemplateDataField>

The problem is that when i try to insert a new item i get this error:

Could not find a property named 'btnColumn' on the type specified by the DataObjectTypeName property in ObjectDataSource 'odsComments'.

The objectdatasource is trying to find the propertie that belongs to the keyfield off the grid column.

Is there any way to make a column 'not bound'?

Regards,

Tim

posted

Hey Tim,

This sounds very similar to an issue that was reported and fixed.  What version are you running?  Could you upgrade to the latest Service Release and see if the issue persists.  Thanks!

regards,
    David Young